More Experience With Lime Sulfur and MoreĀ  10/19/18


Jane, our researcher, wrote to tell me that she was using the lime sulfur solution. I wrote her and asked her how she was using it and about the smell. She responded about the lime-sulfur and went on to share other cleaning and disinfecting products,

"Both my husband and I now know that we suffer from mold and fungal infections as well as Lyme disease. I also have neurotoxins to resolve as the result of exposure to moldy home and work environments plus Morgellon’s and Collembola problems. So I am cleaning now to get rid of mold and fungus, as well as toxic bacteria, all of which are attractants to Collembola.

I started using the Sulfur Lime diluted as you suggest, just to knock down the bugs so I could work there without constant biting. I used a fine mist spray bottle and covered the floors, along the base boards, in cupboard bottoms and closets. Stopped them in their tracks! Works immediately where ever you spray it. 

I then cleaned my kitchen and bathroom floors with benzyl ammonia to kill germs; after it dried, I sprayed with Sporicidin to kill molds as this is an old house and the basement has flooded at least once from backed up drains. Benzyl Ammonia and Sporocidin are toxic so I use a pesticide mask, but they leaves no mold, bacteria or virus which is important since we have all of them infecting is.

I then retreat with the Lime and Sulfur (S&L). No more problems. But we are still tracking in from the car and carpet in the rest of the house so I reapply with S&L about every 36 hours or so. 

As soon as I have the rest of the house under control I will shift to using Thyme and Citric Acid as cleaners (very effective and less toxic to the environment) and maintain with my L&S, my ozone machine, dehumidifier, and air purifier with ultraviolet treatment to keep the hepa filter from becoming an incubator. I will probably use my fogger once a month with thyme and citric acid in the inside spaces and the sporocidin and Azamax in the crawl space and attic every three months as needed.

The autos will get the same treatment.

I am discontinuing using the laundromat. I have bought a hand washer and high speed spinner and plan to hang out clothes until snow; by then the house should by free of vectors so I will get a little interior dryer closet and keep it free by using menthol crystals when I dry. By the way, peppermint and menthol have driven out the mice. They hate it.

I believe the Collembola are attracted to the odors of the mold and fungus from the infections we carry. So until we are clear of those, this will be my regular regime for house keeping. 

I treat my laundry using the same principles with borax or ammonia/ washing soda/citric acid/grapefruit extract and peppermint soap. Goal is to kill mold, bacteria, virus, wash the stuff out to prevent skin irritation and reduce reinfestation. When absolutely dry, clothes are sealed in plastic bags and stored in sealed plastic containers. No dressers in our house. And the plastic containers get regular treatment for mold spores and have socks of crystal kitty liter to absorb moisture to keep clothes as dry as possible.


I guess I should thank the universe that my quack docs here were too busy calling me crazy to give me stuff that would make me worse. That way I could make my own way through, finding products and herbs that have maintained me at least."

Cleaning products: benzyl ammonia comes in Xtreme Clean; there are also three similar products mad by Zep (one in concentrate, one in lemon and on clear) which are much cheaper but don’t smell as good.
The mold treatment is called Sporiciden and it is the best! It doesn’t bleach stains but the mold is dead and gone. Since that is a major Collembola food, it is a real weapon in the fight. These can both be used as foggers but wear a respirator mask and googles.
The Thyme and citric acid is a Mellaluca product but as above, can be purchased in line. It is safe for for in the house and kills everything. You can also get citric acid alone to treat mold in the RV section of Walmart and there is a similar product ( not sure it’s citric acid) at Tractor Supply.
I use the citric acid to treat the vents in my car- that would be a good article for you blog- it takes some expertise and requires removal and replacement of on board filters and being able to treat the cooling screens in the Air conditioner(like when they spray to kill the nasty smell that happens on in the summer in your car). If you do all this yourself,  it’s best to have a garage in which to put you car so you can use the ozone generator to treat both the inside and outside as stuff lurks in the drain holes in the frames and in tiny spaces in compartments that don’t quite enough engine heat to be killed. There is also an ether product to spray in vents, but I don’t remember what it is or where I got it.
I asked her about the smell of the lime sulfur and she responded that it's not that bad and dissipates fairly quickly. I thank Jane for sharing her experience and hope it's of value to everyone dealing with disinfecting. I like her take on her her dermatologist classifying her as delusional.

Remember, our telephone support call on this coming Sunday at 3 pm Eastern time. Phone numbers in my last update.